Life with a child with big emotions can be exhausting. You know…
- The meltdowns when you ask them to get off of their device to eat dinner
- The out-of-the blue (and often illogical) reactions when you ask your child a simple question
- The difficulty with transitions, even when they’re going somewhere they enjoy
- The wondering what mood your child will be in and how it will affect the tone in your home that day
- Sensitivity to criticism when you mention one thing they might want to do differently
- Freak outs when they sense that something is “not fair”
iT dOESN’T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY.
- You knew how to diffuse any situation, even when your child is particularly angry, upset, or irrational
- You could confidently teach your child effective coping strategies — and get them to use them in the moment!
- You no longer had to walk on eggshells or change your boundaries to avoid the drama that takes so long (and so much energy!) to address
- Family events were no longer ruined by your child’s lack of flexibility or negative attitude
I can get you there.
JOIN RACHEL FOR A LIVE GROUP INSIDE
The Long Game Method for
Raising Children With Big Emotions
After working with hundreds of families with at least one member with big emotions over the past 10+ years, I’ve seen firsthand what leads to fewer power struggles, less drama, and more connection among ALL members of your family (including spouses and siblings!).
I can show you exactly what to say and do to get there.
I’m on a mission to help parents feel more in control while raising responsible, resilient, and confident kids.
If we haven’t met before, I’m Rachel Bailey, Parenting Specialist, speaker, podcaster, and creator OF the parenting academy and “Long Game Method” programs
I have a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, a certification in Positive Discipline, and have served parents as an ADHD coach, in-home mentor, therapist, and teacher of positive parenting techniques.
My work has been focused on improving the dynamics between family members and fostering responsible behavior, resilience, and healthy self-esteem in children (and adults!).
But if I’m being honest, my success isn’t based on any natural parenting abilities. I was not born to be a parent.
And if I didn’t do this for a living, I’d use the same “band-aid” strategies that I see most parents using. (You know — those strategies that don’t seem to lead to consistent results.)
It’s because I struggle as a parent sometimes that I know which tools you need to see long-term, positive results. I teach practical strategies because that’s what I need myself.
I’d love to teach you these tools as well, just as I’ve taught so many other parents so that you can finally feel more confident and in control… and feel good about the way you’re parenting.
Let’s get down to business
Here’s How We’ll Implement The Long Game Method In Your Home
Take Back Control
The first 4 weeks in the program are dedicated to helping you feel more confident in handling the “drama” you currently face on a daily basis. During our live coaching calls, you will take action to:
- Learn how to diffuse any situation more quickly and effectively
- Respond in alignment with your parenting values, even when your child is being defiant, irrational, disrespectful, or melting down
- Finally be consistent in your responses so that you feel more in control AND your big-feeling child can move through their feelings more quickly
Once you’ve mastered yourself, we’ll move on to helping your child handle the fact that things won’t always go the way they want them to. Over the next 5 weeks, you will take action to:
- Teach your child what they need to handle the fact that life isn’t always going to go their way
- Help your child see situations differently so they don’t melt down at transitions, when they lose a game, or when others don’t do exactly what they wanted them to
- Motivate your child to consistently use their coping strategies…without you having to remind them (which tends not to go well!)
Reconnect Your Family
And finally, we’ll spend our last 3 weeks in this program focused on your entire family…because let’s face it, big emotions in your home affect everyone! During those coaching calls, you will take action to:
- Apply the Connected Growth Approach to reduce the negative impact that big emotions have had on your family, including sibling relationships, your marriage, and even situations with in-laws and others
- Stop carrying the emotional burden of having to soothe your big-emotion child, worry about your other children, and explain everything to your spouse
- Spend more positive time together as a family, both in everyday interactions and during holidays and vacations
- Handle challenges as a connected unit rather than individual family members arguing with each other or isolating themselves
- The next group of this program will begin the week of November 14. The program lasts 12 weeks, though we may adjust dates for the holidays.
- Live meetings for this group will be on Fridays (starting November 18) at 12PM ET. Joining the live meetings is incredibly helpful, but there will be replays if you’re unable to attend.
- Each Monday during the 12 weeks, you’ll receive a 10-20 minute video, which will include a training and action to take. When we meet on Friday, we’ll discuss the results of your action and work together through (very powerful!) practice exercises to reinforce what you learned. I’ll help you address any challenges you’re facing so that you feel more confident each week.
- There will also be a private online group for us to check in throughout the week. There, you can ask questions and share successes. I’ll also be adding quick bonus tips to keep you on track!
You’ve probably tried other things before to bring more peace to your home.
From reading books to professional therapy sessions,
you may already have some idea of WHAT to do to parent the way you desire.
I will make sure you get results.
This program is extremely action-oriented. Yes, you learn Long Game tools, but more importantly, you practice these tools in your situation and dissect what is working and what isn’t. There is also built-in accountability to make sure you see positive changes in your home.