Welcome to a bonus “Ask Me 3” episode with Lisa Honold, Director of the Center for Online Safety.
Listen as I ask Lisa the 3 questions:
1. How can I reduce screen time at our house without making us all miserable?
2. Related to devices and technology and social media and online safety, what should I be thinking about and preparing for at different ages and stages?
3. How can I get my kids to buy into screen time limits and rules we have as a family?
Listen as Lisa asks me the 3 questions:
1. How do I intervene when 1 sibling is physically abusing another without making the first one feel ashamed and the victim powerless or “the winner” because they got our help?
2. How do I get my child to help? My 8 yo used to clear her place from late toddlerhood until Covid. Now she leaves dishes, absentmindedly beginning to play or dance or something. (My husband does this also!)… also with laundry, books, toys etc. And reminding them just makes them irritated.
3. How do I get my tween (12yo) to stop lying?