At this time, live group classes are created by YOU.
Create a class with your friends, neighbors, colleagues, or members of other organizations you belong to…
I will create a parenting / reducing overwhelm class that is tailored to your group.
(locally in person or online)
I’ll be organizing live online group classes in Fall 2019.
The Benefits of Group Instruction
Unless there is a real need for individual consultations, I encourage parents to form or join a group class. That’s because when you are part of a class:
- You receive the same information that you would receive in individual sessions.
- You feel less alone. You realize, with relief, that others are struggling with the same problems you are.
- You can be open and honest about what parenting is really like. In the classes I teach, I am honest about my imperfections… which often motivates others to be genuine as well. And hearing that others don’t live the “Facebook/Instagram life” — where families are happy and smiling all the time — can, in itself, help reduce our stress.
- You learn from others. Although I do know a lot about raising confident, responsible children, I acknowledge that other parents have some unique solutions that I might not have thought of yet!
- You become part of a community that you can reach out to when things get rough. I have run many of these groups over the years, and almost 100% of group members say that their friendships have become stronger, and they have felt more supported, than before they joined the group.
- Groups are budget-friendly. Groups cost much less than individual sessions. While individual consultations cost $150 per 60-minute session, groups cost $75 per 90-minute session.
Topics We May Address
Getting kids to listen without yelling or nagging
Handling children’s anxiety or perfectionism
How to parent effectively when you’re stressed or tired
Dealing with power struggles over homework, bedtime, etc.
Fostering motivation in kids who don’t care
Parenting when spouses don’t see eye-to-eye
Reducing fighting between siblings
Raising children with healthy self-esteem
How to increase your patience with your kids
WHO: At this time created by YOU. (I will be forming live online classes starting fall 2019.) Any parent, group, or organization can request to create a parenting group.
Group members should something in common, but that “one thing” can be up to the group. Members may:
- Have children who are the same age OR
- Have children who display the same behavior (anxiety, lack of motivation, etc.) OR
- Know each other through their workplace, neighborhood, or other organization.
WHAT: The content of the class is up to the group. The 90 minutes may include some or all of these options (or I will customize meetings for you):
- A lesson created by me on any topic related to raising confident, responsible children or feeling more in control as a parent; see topic suggestions below
- Unique experiential exercises that help parents to understand what is truly underneath children’s behavior and feelings.
- Group members bring questions about parenting issues that they’ve faced and would like to know how to “solve”
- Group members provide support and create plans for accountability as they make changes to bring more peace to their homes
WHEN: We meet for 90-minute sessions every week (or every-other week) for 4 weeks.
FOR HOW LONG: The group only commits to 4 sessions at a time. Once the 4 sessions are over, members decide if they want to participate in another round of 4.
WHERE: I will come to the group in a location of your choice. If you do not have a location or are not local to me, I will run the group online. (That means group members would log in from their own homes.)
SIZE: The ideal group size is 6 – 10 families. Fees increase for groups of 3 families or less.
COST: For groups that have 4 families or more, groups cost $75 per 90-minute session per person, or $300 for all 4 sessions. (If groups decide to continue after the first 4 sessions, the price is reduced to $62.50 per session, or $250 for all 4 sessions.) There is NO additional cost for spouses to attend.
Note that I do provide individual consultations as well, but these cost $150 per 60-minute session. (Groups are much more cost-effective!)
Getting Started is Easy
Ask a question or request an appointment below.