The most important thing you need to know about me is that
if you are not where you want to be with your parenting,
I can help.
I realize you may want to know the more “formal” stuff.
I’m Rachel, and here’s my professional background:
- I have a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology
- Before working with parents, I offered services as an ADHD coach, intensive in-home mentor, and psychotherapist for children, adolescents, and adults
- Over the past decade, I have taught hundreds of parents and children tools for improving behavior, motivation, resilience, and self-esteem.
- I have addressed dynamics between family members and helped to reduce the overwhelm and stress of parents all over the country.
- I am a frequently-requested speaker at schools, physician’s offices, companies, and community groups. (See this page for a list of where I’ve spoken before.) I have also been part of in-person and online conferences and been interviewed on a variety of podcasts and blogs.
- I am a mom (of two girls born in 2010 and 2012)
And this is true about me too:
Even with a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology, with a certification in parent education, and with a (9+ year) career in
helping parents and kids bring out the best in each other…I still make mistakes.
That is just as much my story as my credentials.
I am a parent, but I am not perfect.
I have all the tools I need, and I know how well they work. (I see it in the families I help!)
And I still mess up sometimes.
I don’t say this to scare you.
I tell you this because I KNOW that parenting is hard… and that life gets in the way. (I’m right there with you.)
And I know that it is possible to be human, and have a lot going on, and not be exactly who you want to be as a parent
… and still believe, deep down, that you’re giving your kids everything they need to be happy, successful adults.
My job is to help you understand why the things you’ve
tried before aren’t working
… and what exactly you can do instead to feel
MORE IN CONTROL of creating
LONG-TERM, positive changes in your family.
I know you’ve tried a lot of things before you got here.
I can give you new step-by-step systems and tools — and new (simple!) ways to think about your behavior and your kids’ behavior — so you see NEW RESULTS that LAST.
Imagine what life could be like if you didn’t have to work so hard (or yell so loudly) to get the results you want. Imagine having more time, more energy, and more tools to give your kids what they need—and have enough left over for you. I’ll help you get there.
How I Can Help
Ask a question or request an appointment below.