The most important thing you need to know about me is that
if you are not where you want to be with your parenting (or in your life),
I can help you.
I realize you may want to know the more “formal” stuff.
I’m Rachel, and here’s my professional background:
- I have a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology
- Before working with parents, I offered services as an ADHD coach, intensive in-home mentor, and psychotherapist for children, adolescents, and adults
- Over the past decade, I have taught hundreds of parents and children tools for improving behavior, motivation, resilience, and self-esteem.
- I have addressed dynamics between family members and helped to reduce the overwhelm and stress of parents all over the country.
- I am a frequently-requested speaker at schools, physician’s offices, companies, and community groups. I have also been part of in-person and online conferences and been interviewed on a variety of podcasts and blogs.
- I am a mom (of two girls born in 2010 and 2012)
But this is true too:
Even moms with a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology make parenting mistakes with their own kids.
Even those who are Certified Parent Educators with an extensive professional background working with families.
Even those who have built a career helping parents and kids bring out the best in each other.
That is just as much my story as my credentials.
I am a parent, but I am not perfect. I have all the tools I need, and I know how well they work. (I see it in the families I help!)
And I still make mistakes.
I don’t say this to scare you.
I tell you this because when you are a human responsible for raising younger humans, real life happens.
That’s not a bad thing.
Here’s another thing I know:
No parent has it all together.
Not a single, solitary one.
Parenting is loud and messy and busy and maddening at times. It’s unpredictable and imperfect. There’s not a degree or a book or a website (even this one) that can give you all the answers and turn you into a model parent—or your kids into model kids—100% of the time.
Ready for some good news?
I can offer you the parenting tools that you need to improve your child’s behavior, mood, and attitude. But finding what works FOR you starts with working ON you. It’s as simple—and as hard—as that. You’ve read this far down the page because you feel a little out of your depth with the behavior your seeing from your kids. Because you’re exhausted. Because you’ve tried a million different things and none of them are working. You know that something needs to change, but you aren’t sure what. You’re willing to try something—anything—new to get something better than you have.
And that’s an excellent place to start.
If you’re not in the right place with your kids–and you’re not sure how you’ll ever find the time or energy to make things better–it’s time to get the help you need… for your kids, and for yourself.
You can be a happy, confident, capable parent who gets the best out of your kids because you’re giving them the best parts of you.
I know you’re doing everything you can with what you have.
Imagine what life could be like if you didn’t have to work so hard (or yell so loudly) to get the results you want. Imagine having more time, more energy, and more tools to give your kids what they need—and have enough left over for you.
My job is to give you better tools, deeper knowledge,
and more confident skills—so you can bring out the best
version of yourself and your kids.
Not a perfect version. The best version.
Ask a question or request an appointment below.